- The Association For The Mentally Challenged (AMC) is committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself (“Personal Information”) on this site https://www.amcin.org/
- Your Personal Information may comprise the following:
- your name
- a user ID and password of your choice
- your email and mailing address
- your telephone number
- your payment processing details
- any other data as AMC may require
- Collection of Information
5.1 Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Site or interact with us without supplying us with Personal Information. For instance, you would not be able to transact at the Site or make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information. If you desire to register yourself at the Site, you would be required to provide your Personal Information.
5.2 While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your visit, such as:
- the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
- the type of browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer version ‘X’)
- which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
5.3 The General Information is not Personal Information. AMC’s tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
5.4 The General Information is used by AMC for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in AMC and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by AMC with any person, at AMC’s discretion.
“Cookies” are small amounts of data that a website can send to a web browser on a visitor’s computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor’s computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is like a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviours but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the AMC site.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be set to expire on a specified date after a specific period when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact the ability to use that service.
Refusing Cookies on AMC’s Website
6.0 Usage of Information
6.1 Personal information will be used by AMC for internal purposes including the following:
- sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, AMC Annual Report, newsletters, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by AMC and other updates.
- processing your donations to AMC and purchases of AMC products on the Site.
- delivering the AMC products you have purchased on the Site/Receipt for donations made by you to AMC.
- maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site.
- evaluating and administering the Site and AMC’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- Disclosure of Personal Information by AMC
7.1 Within AMC, access to Personal Information collected by the AMC will be given only to those persons who are authorised by AMC and third parties hired by AMC to perform administrative services. AMC will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in AMC’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. AMC cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and AMC will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
7.2 AMC may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with AMC, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with AMC in any manner. AMC will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
7.3 AMC is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of AMC.
7.4 Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and AMC, AMC reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect AMC and its property, to fulfil your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of AMC.
8.1 AMC endeavours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information. The Site is a LETS ENCRYPT approved site.
8.2 AMC however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
9 Links to other Websites
11 Copyright Protection
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of AMC and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of AMC and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, donating or placing an order for the purchase of AMC products. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of AMC. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to AMC belong to their respective owners and are their property.
Donation Refund Policy
Association For The Mentally Challenged is instituting a donation refund policy to ensure fair and transparent processing of requests for refund of donations as digital payments are becoming more frequent. AMC expects that all donors will exercise due care and diligence while making donations. AMC also recognises that a donation may be made erroneously, or donors may change their mind.
AMC will examine each request for refund of donation and endeavour to make the refund. AMC may also seek further information / documents and donor must cooperate in this regard.
However, AMC is not obliged to make refunds and may, in its discretion, decline any requests for refunds of donations, particularly if a tax exemption certificate has been issued.
If you would like your donation to AMC to be refunded:
- You must request AMC in writing or by email for a refund. Your request must reach AMC within 15 (fifteen) days from the date on which you made the donation i.e. the date on which you:
- Made the donation online, electronically or through other means, OR
- Handed over the cheque / demand draft to AMC or someone authorised by AMC for this purpose, OR
- Despatched the cheque / demand draft to AMC by other means.
The written request stating the reason for requesting a refund must be sent to the address stated below and must contain all the following details pertaining to the donation:
- Date of donation
- Donation amount
- If the donation was made through cheque/draft, please provide Cheque/Draft no.
- If the donation was made through credit card, please provide Credit Card no. (last 4 digits only).
- If donation was made online, please provide Donation-ID.
The Association For The Mentally Challenged
Off Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 029 , India
Phone: +91- 80 – 2656 6196 | +91- 80 – 2656 6197
All decisions of AMC in this regard will be final and binding on the donor.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- You will provide authentic, correct, and true information while completing the process for online donation. Association For The Mentally Challenged (AMC) reserves the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by you at any point of time. If upon confirmation your details are found not to be true (wholly or partly), AMC has the right in its sole discretion to reject the donation.
- If donor feels that, he/she made an error in donation amount/purpose or any other parameter, kindly let AMC know about such error within 3 working days by email: email@example.com. We shall rectify any such parameter requested by you whenever possible.
- You will receive a confirmation on successful / failed transaction.
- No refund/cancellation request for the donated amount by any donor will be entertained for online donations through the online payment gateway after the donation is accepted from our Online Payment Gateway service providers unless there is a fraud notification from our Payment Gateway Service Providers.
- Only Indian donors are eligible for a Tax exemption certificate under section 80G of the Income Tax Act and would be sent to the registered address provided during the process of online donation
- If the Indian donor does not receive 80-G certificate within 45 days from the time of donation, he /she is liable to claim the donated amount from AMC.
- For any other information on online donations kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91- 80 – 2656 6196 and +91- 80 – 2656 6197.
Welcome to this web-site of Association For The Mentally Challenged (AMC). We make public our policy on refund and cancellation of donations received for the social cause on payment gateway as under:-
- No refund/cancellation for the donated amount by any donor will not be entertained, the online donations through the online payment gateway.
- No cash or refund of money will be allowed.
- If any in-kind support received by the donor from any where the material will be reached to the poorest of the poorer communities.
- Once received the donation for a cause will not be refunded to the donor. No cancellation to be made. The donation will be used for enhancing the lives of the intellectually challenged persons.
Terms and Conditions
Use of this site is provided by Association For The Mentally Challenged (AMC) subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- AMC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to AMC are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will AMC be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- AMC does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from AMC. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by AMC to use any item displayed. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not AMC). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- AMC takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and AMC has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that AMC approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary information.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Karnataka.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.